This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
Week Around the Ists
Photo credit: sushiesque/Flickr
- Bostonist attended the Anime Boston convention and took some glorious pictures of anime fans showing off their costumes at the mall, much to the delight of civilians.
- Seattlest took a trip on Virgin America Airlines and lived to tell the tale of its awesomeness.
- Londonist experienced a total lack of surprise at the chaos, crisis, and near-collapse of famous English reserve at the opening of the hotly opposed new airport terminal T5 at Heathrow.
- At the Hollywood Anonymous protest a couple weeks ago, the Scientologists struck back at one member. LAist gets the full story.
- Like the video game Portal? Or even just portals or magical modes of transportation in general? You'll probably dig the latest piece by Toronto street artist Posterchild.
- SFist squabbled about the Bay Area's latest love-it-or-hate-it anti-crystal meth ad campaign.
- Chicagoist followed the filming of Johnny Depp's upcoming John Dillinger movie, Public Enemies.
- DCist uncovered a web site that details what D.C. massage parlors provide the happiest endings.
- Gothamist's heart was warmed after hearing that a Bronx mugging victim took his mugger out to dinner to teach him that there are nice people out there.
- Phillyist got upset when a for-profit car sharing organization went after one of the city's most beloved non-profits.