Week Around the Ists
Your support of local journalists is vital
LAist reporting is free for all to rely on, but needs your help today to stay that way.
Photo credit: sushiesque/Flickr
- Bostonist attended the Anime Boston convention and took some glorious pictures of anime fans showing off their costumes at the mall, much to the delight of civilians.
- Seattlest took a trip on Virgin America Airlines and lived to tell the tale of its awesomeness.
- Londonist experienced a total lack of surprise at the chaos, crisis, and near-collapse of famous English reserve at the opening of the hotly opposed new airport terminal T5 at Heathrow.
- At the Hollywood Anonymous protest a couple weeks ago, the Scientologists struck back at one member. LAist gets the full story.
- Like the video game Portal? Or even just portals or magical modes of transportation in general? You'll probably dig the latest piece by Toronto street artist Posterchild.
- SFist squabbled about the Bay Area's latest love-it-or-hate-it anti-crystal meth ad campaign.
- Chicagoist followed the filming of Johnny Depp's upcoming John Dillinger movie, Public Enemies.
- DCist uncovered a web site that details what D.C. massage parlors provide the happiest endings.
- Gothamist's heart was warmed after hearing that a Bronx mugging victim took his mugger out to dinner to teach him that there are nice people out there.
- Phillyist got upset when a for-profit car sharing organization went after one of the city's most beloved non-profits.