Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Gothamist was enraptured by the Telectroscope, supposedly developed from a "forgotten tunnel connecting New York to London."
- SFist, after providing a practical map of liquor stores near the historically naked/tipsy Bay to Breakers marathon route last week, saw itself this week get blamed by the San Francisco Chronicle when the race devolved into an even messier urine and booze free-for-all.
- Torontoist featured some amazing time-lapse videos of their city—from their skyline during Earth Hour, to a night in a life of a parking lot, to a brief trip across Lake Ontario towards the shore.
- Phillyist investigated the popularity of their city's favorite sports mascot.
- Londonist conducted brief online correspondence with Tower Bridge, then challenged their transatlantic brethren to a real-time Telectroscope dance-off.
- Chicagoist asked how much gallons of other liquids--liquids in addition to gasoline, that is--cost?
- Shanghaiist mourned for the victims of the Sichuan earthquake with the rest of China and raised lots of money for the survivors.
- Seattlest interviewed a couple of daring philanthropic adventurers participating in a Himalayan rickshaw race.
- LAist caught The Kooks playing some impromptu sidewalk shows as Sports Illustrated took note of their crazy interview with Jose Canseco.
- DCist sparked a heated parking debate.