Week Around the Ists
Photo of Washington D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty waving the American flag toward the end of Obama's speech by DCist's Sommer Mathis
- DCist reported live from the Democratic National Convention.
- Bostonist tasted the best heirloom tomatoes in the city.
- Torontoist featured some of their favorite photos of an extraordinary summer for the city's weather, with huge storm clouds, apocalyptic sunsets, double rainbows, and stunning lightning strikes the norm rather than the exception.
- Shanghaiist was amused by the news of the 'iPhone Girl' who has become the world's latest Internet superstar.
- Phillyist discussed an athlete its city loves to hate.
- Chicagoist, while Gustav inches its way to the US coastline, noted the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
- LAist posted the photos of a guy who got roughed up by security at the Hollywood Bowl Radiohead concert.
- Londonist enjoyed the sights of the Notting Hill Carnival.
- Gothamist looked at restrictions of different kinds, interviewing Graffiti Research Lab founder James Powderly who was detained in Beijing and hearing from a reader who was ultimately ejected from Yankee Stadium for attempting to use the bathroom during God Bless America.
- Seattlest got ready for Bumbershoot and the Penny Arcade Expo.
- SFist captured all of the tragic glamor and NSFW-ness as Trannyshack, San Francisco's longest-running midnight drag show, came to an end.