This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Week Around the Ists
Photograph by Jake Dobkin
- Gothamist covered the three B's this week: A new Banksy-commissioned mural in Soho, new bike rack protoypes, and (Mayor) Bloomberg's controversial decision to seek a third term.
- Chicagoist checked out a new Gourmet food event, talked to CBS News' Bob Schieffer, and checked out a nude painting of Sarah Palin.
- Bostonist played Sarah Palin Bingo.
- Torontoist wrote about what just might have been the biggest Rickroll ever, thanks to an art installation that filled every window of their city hall with remote-controlled lights.
- LAist was shocked to see a video of a grown man punching a teen girl multiple times after he budged her relatives at a McDonalds.
- Shanghaiist covered the world's longest journey by skateboard ever made by a New Zealander that started in Switzerland and ended in Shanghai.
- Londonist spied hundreds of people in gorilla suits descending upon the streets of London for the annual Great Gorilla Run.
- SFist not only blushed at these NSFW shots from last week's sex-fetish extravaganza,the Folsom Street Fair, but also marveled at Sarah Palin's own perverse journalistic orgy of excess.