Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
Image: AP Photo/Mary Schwalm
- Bostonist was at Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox win a pretty awesome baseball game.
- Chicagoist watched the city rock the early vote, chatted about the third debate, and got pumped for the Muppets.
- Phillyist is positively euphoric about their home team.
- DCist reported on the "no candy" signs Maryland sex offenders must display on Halloween night.
- Torontoist featured photos of a huge game of Capture the Flag that went down in the city's financial district, a game that featured some 1700 glowstick-decorated participants—100 or so more than last year.
- Gothamist got a glimpse of an abandoned island with a rotting castle sitting just north of New York City.
- SFist watched as Angel Island went up in flames.
- Seattlest took a photo tour of its river of industry, the Duwamish, and spoke with Mike Daisey about his new cosmonaut miracle play, The Moon Is a Dead World.
- Shanghaiist was taken aback by CCTV footage of a student picking a fight with six policemen, and subsequently getting beaten to death.
- LAist chatted with Elmo and Abby Cadabby of Sesame Street.