Week Around the Ists
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
Image: AP Photo/Mary Schwalm
- Bostonist was at Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox win a pretty awesome baseball game.
- Chicagoist watched the city rock the early vote, chatted about the third debate, and got pumped for the Muppets.
- Phillyist is positively euphoric about their home team.
- DCist reported on the "no candy" signs Maryland sex offenders must display on Halloween night.
- Torontoist featured photos of a huge game of Capture the Flag that went down in the city's financial district, a game that featured some 1700 glowstick-decorated participants—100 or so more than last year.
- Gothamist got a glimpse of an abandoned island with a rotting castle sitting just north of New York City.
- SFist watched as Angel Island went up in flames.
- Seattlest took a photo tour of its river of industry, the Duwamish, and spoke with Mike Daisey about his new cosmonaut miracle play, The Moon Is a Dead World.
- Shanghaiist was taken aback by CCTV footage of a student picking a fight with six policemen, and subsequently getting beaten to death.
- LAist chatted with Elmo and Abby Cadabby of Sesame Street.