Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Torontoist spent the week giggling uncomfortably after a free mass-distributed daily paper accidentally printed a full-color photo of a penis.
- Seattlest followed Tiger Woods' alleged eleventh mistress into the wilds of Washington State.
- Shanghaiist found the most buttastic eatery in Shanghai: ASSMANN RESTAURANT.
- Bostonist watched Santas run in Speedos.
- LAist jumped headlong into the mystery of why American media fears the terrifying threat of derivative homosexuals--aka Adam Lambert.
- SFist watched as a gaggle of drag queens crashed a family-oriented ice skating rink in Union Square.
- Chicagoist was surprised when - on the year anniversary of the arrest of former governor Rod Blagojevich - a candidate for governor suggested the minimum wage be cut.
- Phillyist honored a few local superheroes as they continued to count down to the new year.
- Gothamist learned that activists trying to repaint a stretch of bike lane in Brooklyn were arrested by a Hasidic patrol group. The activists later said they were "self-hating Jewish hipsters."
- Londonist noted the extended fiasco of constant weekend closures of a busy tube line, joining the rest of the city in wondering who to blame.