Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Torontoist spent the week giggling uncomfortably after a free mass-distributed daily paper accidentally printed a full-color photo of a penis.
- Seattlest followed Tiger Woods' alleged eleventh mistress into the wilds of Washington State.
- Shanghaiist found the most buttastic eatery in Shanghai: ASSMANN RESTAURANT.
- Bostonist watched Santas run in Speedos.
- LAist jumped headlong into the mystery of why American media fears the terrifying threat of derivative homosexuals--aka Adam Lambert.
- SFist watched as a gaggle of drag queens crashed a family-oriented ice skating rink in Union Square.
- Chicagoist was surprised when - on the year anniversary of the arrest of former governor Rod Blagojevich - a candidate for governor suggested the minimum wage be cut.
- Phillyist honored a few local superheroes as they continued to count down to the new year.
- Gothamist learned that activists trying to repaint a stretch of bike lane in Brooklyn were arrested by a Hasidic patrol group. The activists later said they were "self-hating Jewish hipsters."
- Londonist noted the extended fiasco of constant weekend closures of a busy tube line, joining the rest of the city in wondering who to blame.