This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Week Around the Ists
- Torontoist spent the week giggling uncomfortably after a free mass-distributed daily paper accidentally printed a full-color photo of a penis.
- Seattlest followed Tiger Woods' alleged eleventh mistress into the wilds of Washington State.
- Shanghaiist found the most buttastic eatery in Shanghai: ASSMANN RESTAURANT.
- Bostonist watched Santas run in Speedos.
- LAist jumped headlong into the mystery of why American media fears the terrifying threat of derivative homosexuals--aka Adam Lambert.
- SFist watched as a gaggle of drag queens crashed a family-oriented ice skating rink in Union Square.
- Chicagoist was surprised when - on the year anniversary of the arrest of former governor Rod Blagojevich - a candidate for governor suggested the minimum wage be cut.
- Phillyist honored a few local superheroes as they continued to count down to the new year.
- Gothamist learned that activists trying to repaint a stretch of bike lane in Brooklyn were arrested by a Hasidic patrol group. The activists later said they were "self-hating Jewish hipsters."
- Londonist noted the extended fiasco of constant weekend closures of a busy tube line, joining the rest of the city in wondering who to blame.