This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Grand Park NYE LA. Your NEW New Year’s Eve destination, ringing in 2014 like you’ve never seen before!
- Barker Block Warehouse No. 1. Exceptional lofts in the heart of LA's Arts District. Debuting January 2014.
- Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco. David Hockney, A Bigger Exhibition. October 26th - January 20th
- Natural History Museum, with the new exhibit Traveling the Silk Road: Ancient Pathway to the Modern World. On view December 22nd through April 13th.
- Fab. See what's on sale now.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.