This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Various Freeway On- and Off-Ramps to be Closed for the L.A. Marathon
L.A. Marathon observers over the 101 Freeway in 2007 | Photo by bossco via Flickr
In addition to all the street closures across town, this Sunday's Los Angeles Marathon will prompt the closure of about 18 freeway on- and off-ramps, Caltrans announced today. From the early morning hours to the early afternoon, you might be faced with some detours. Here's the complete list:
Hollywood Freeway (US 101)
- 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Northbound Broadway on-ramp.
- 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Northbound Spring Street and Grand Avenue off-ramps.
- 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Northbound Glendale Boulevard on- and off-ramps.
- 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Southbound Broadway and Temple Street off-ramps.
- 3:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. - North- and southbound Hollywood Boulevard on- and off-ramps.
- 3:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. - One lane of north- and southbound Gower Street off-ramps.
- 3:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. - One lane of southbound Vine Street off-ramp.
- 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Southbound Highland Avenue off-ramp.
- 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. - One lane of northbound Highland Avenue off-ramp.
Pasadena Freeway (SR-110)
- 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. - North- and southbound Hill Street off-ramps.
- 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Southbound Sunset Boulevard off-ramp.
San Diego Freeway (I-405)
- 4:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Southbound Wilshire Boulevard on-ramp.
- 4:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. - One lane of southbound Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp.