This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Toys For Tots Balks at Talking Jesus and other Quickies
- Toys for Tots was offered 4,000 Talking Jesus dolls by the Valencia company who manufacturers them but the charity declined the gift in fear of accidentally giving a doll to a little Jewish or Muslim child (even though Jesus was a Jew and the Muslims consider him a prophet) - KSAT
- The defense attorneys of SM Farmers Market killer George Weller berated by judge for being "very inappropriate, very offensive, and very disrespectful of jurors" for calling up the jurors after the trial to get info for a possible mistrail - NBC4
- Is it hypocritical for Mayor Tony to pretend to care about the Metro but then cruise around in his pimped-out SUV? Survey says, hell yes - Curbed LA
- Another video of alleged police brutality prompts another LAPD investigation. This time involving a Venice transient and pepper spray. - AP
- Search teams continue to look for missing Pacoima hunter who has been missing for three days in the Angeles National Forest - CBS2
- Awards season just got longer, here now is the Action Sports Awards hosted by the Jackass boys - Transworld
- The fight of the year, the Mayweather vs De La Hoya bout on 5/5/07 could be held in LA - hot sauce sports
- Controversial 9-year Inglewood Mayor the favorite in run-off - LA Weekly
- Dodgers look like they'll be buyers in the Free Agent market - LA Times
- Bush's daddy says the President doesn't use "the email" in fear of subpoenas - Think Progress