Things (and People) I'm Thankful For
1. The Obvious- My parents and sister are the most important people in the world to me. They support me in every boneheaded endeavor I partake in, and believe me, there are tons. It's astonishing how many, actually.
2. My friends. Once again, totally obvious. Once again, they're totally awesome. Much love to Porter House, SLC, Shalhevet, AU, and everyone who fits into all, some, or none of those categories. World rockers, each and every one of you.
3. The ladies. You know who you are. Especially Katie from that hostel in Vienna. I never did get your last name.
4. Russell Martin- In a sports year dominated by steroids and dog fights, it's important to remember that we have one of the classiest, hustling-est, and just plain best players in baseball right here in our fair city. From being the son of a Canadian street musician to this. Amazing. Congrads again on that Silver Slugger.
5. Indie 103.1- Introduced me to Elvis Costello, Sex Pistols, Social D, Michael Franti, Junior Kelly and others. Which in turn made me spend lots and lots of money. So, in conclusion, screw you Indie 103.1.
6.Excellent TV- This includes the new Battlestar, 24, Lost, Mad Men, Colbert, Daily Show, The Shield, Friday Night Lights, Pushing Daisies, The 4400, Entourage, Aliens in America, It's Always Sunny in Philly, The Simpsons, 30 Rock, The Office, and hell, even Law and Order: Criminal Intent (but only for D'Onofrio's awesome creepiness.) Keep on fighting, writers. Lord knows you've earned it.
7. The fact that a Democrat will be in the White House soon to fix up this mess, at least partially.
8. My Nintendo Wii. Is being thankful for material things selfish? Maybe. But goddman that thing is fun. Playing Zelda on it is almost hypnotic, you can get into such a Zen mood with it. Can't wait for Smash Brothers.
9. The greatest advertisment in history. Actually, forget that- the greatest piece of art in history. You can see it after the jump. Happy Thanksgiving.