This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
No Less than 10 Festivals this Weekend
Celebrate your weekend. | Photo by ronnie44052 via Flickr
Not everyone is going to Coachella this weekend. For those who choose to stay put in Los Angeles, the city is literally filled with events this weekend:
- AltBuild Expo at SaMo Civic Auditorium: an eco-friendy building & design expo
- LA Times Festival of Books at UCLA: a must see & do
- Fiesta Broadway at Downtown: party!
- Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival at Melody Ranch: if you like folk music, then you'll like this
- Atwater Music & Art Festival at Atwater Village: good neighborhood times
- Indian Film Festival at Arglight Hollywood: continuing from earlier in the week
- Greening the Earth & Family Arts Festival at Armory Center: looks like a blast for kids
- Universal Studios Hollywood Eco-Fair at Universal Studios : take the Metro Red Line
- Rhythm & Rhyme: Sierra Madre's Jazz & Poetry Festival: chill out with the local community
If big crowds are not your thing but you still want to see something new while being out and about, there are three walking tours this weekend (plus some kayaking):