This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
The Week in Weed - Ask Us About Our Cannoli
- Neighbors near Santa Barbara dispensary call the cops when men in dark clothes try to break in to the Acme Collective. Cops come in 15 minutes, thieves popped in minutes. - SB Independent
- The LA Times prints two letters today regarding medical marijuana, the second being someone upset that it doesn't get taxed - LA Times
- LAPD mistakes catnip for herb when they search the car of a man who runs a radio station catering to pet owners. Have you ever heard of such a radio station? - St. Pete Times
- NY prison guard accused of trying to sneak pot to an inmate through his cannoli. - NY Post
- Thieves steal 166 pounds of pot plants in Florida... while cops had the house on surveillance, and subsequently get busted. - News-Press
- Michigan woman on probation gets a year in jail after she gets caught with drugs while she relapsed after finding out that her teenage daughter had a heart attack and was in a coma - Livingston Daily
- Topeka man proves that if you're going to run a stop sign, don't do it while having an open container of booze, and a pound of kush on your person - 49 ABC
- Arizona juvenile caught with 176 pounds of pot tied in bales in clear view in the back of his pick up truck - Tri Valley Central
- It took 15 months of surveillance, but when Washington sheriffs saw suspicious water lines running into a home they eventually found 71 marijuana plants being grown - King 5
- Taft community debates whether to have a cannabis dispensary or not - KGET
photo by lneogeo