This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
The Week In Weed - 50 tons of Mexican, Nicole Richie, Hayward, Yuma, Indiana, Wichita, Texas, and New York Prison Guard Dealers
- San Diego appealing to overturn Prop 215 - SignOnSanDiego
- Miami Police Chief's son sentenced to 18 months in the slammer for trying to buy 400 pounds of weed from an undercover cop - Officer
- 50 tons of Mexican weed seized at the border. Street value: 100 pesos. (just kidding) - Star-Telegram
- New book called "Yes, But Is It Good for the Jews?" says pot is good, but cheesecake is not - Jerusalem Post
- Tulare doesn't want marijuana dispensaries near schools. Brilliant! - KFSN
- Hayward Pot Club busted for having too many hundreds of pounds of kush. Two hand grenades found in the raid - KGO TV
- Belgian Ganja Garden busted and shut down before it could open - Stop the Drug War
- Nevada considering limiting the amount of plants sick people can grow in their homes - The Union
- When Nicole Richie drove the wrong way down the 134 freeway on Monday morning she claimed that she wasn't drunk but had just taken some Vicodin and smoked a little pot. - People
- California man traveling through Yuma found with 13 grams of weed and a small alligator - AP
more after the jump...
- Indiana man charged with breaking into an apartment to steal a pound of grass. Strangely alleged victim denies ever having a pound of illegal substances. Good answer. - Star Press
- Wichita man gets held up during a drug deal, so he calls the cops to report that he was jacked for a pound of weed, so the cops come over to his house, find weed, throw him in jail - AP
- Two New York prison guards at a county clink caught selling pot to two inmates. Inmates get popped on federal offenses too - North County Gazette
- If you have 2.7 pounds of weed in your car, turn down the radio, k? - Shreveport Times
- Eleven common misconceptions about marijuana - insert title blog
photo by Verizon Math
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.