The Latest on Fire Related Street Closures
As of this morning, here's the latest on road closures and public transit routes affected by the Sesnon and Marek Fires (things can change, if they do, they should be updated at (800) 439-2909):
If You're Driving: Following Streets are Closed
- Topanga Canyon Boulevard northbound at Chatsworth Avenue
- De Soto Avenue northbound at Rinaldi Street
- Corbin Avenue northbound at Porter Ranch Drive
- Mason Avenue northbound at Celtic Street
- Mason Avenue northbound at Corbin Avenue
- Corbin Avenue eastbound at Mason Avenue
- The following streets are closed to northbound traffic just north of Foothill Boulevard: Hubbard; Maclay; Arroyo; Paxton; Van Nuys; Terra Bella; Vaughn; Filmore. Southbound lanes on each of these thoroughfares are open as evacuation routes.
- The LA Department of Transportation recommends using Foothill Boulevard westbound and eastbound, and Osborn southbound as a detour route.
- All previously closed on and off-ramps along the Foothill (210) Freeway and the Ronald Reagan (118) Freeway are open.
- But, the Sesnon Fire has crossed into Ventura County. Commuters planning to use the Santa Susana Pass Road or any of the Canyon Roads west of Chatsworth should postpone trips or plan alternate routes. Intermittent closures should be expected on the 118 Ronald Reagan Freeway.
- Commute times on the 101 Ventura County Freeway may be increased due to re-routed motorists, emergency vehicles, and possibly fire related closures.
If You're Taking Public Transit
- The Metrolink Ventura County Line has been reopened. All trains on that route are operating on their normal schedules.
- Two bus lines are running slightly shortened routes. With the Marek blaze near containment, Metro Bus Lines 168, 233 and 761 have returned to regular routes and service.
- Metro Bus lines with slightly shortened routes are lines 290 and 243 (route 242).
- Serving the Lakeview Terrace area, Metro Bus line 290 is running regular service except on Foothill Boulevard between Wentworth and Osborne streets, where there is no service.
- Serving the Porter Ranch area, Metro Bus line 243 (route 242) has discontinued service north of Devonshire Boulevard.
- Up-to-date transportation information is available from Metro at its toll-free number 1-800-COMMUTE.