This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Levi's® Commuter Series. RSVP for the Levi's® Commuter Workspace in Downtown LA for a chance to win a $300 gift card and score your own awesome Commuter gear.
- What If, starring Danielle Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan. Check out the trailer and see it in select theaters Friday!
- Blue Apron. Enjoy fresh ingredients and great recipes delivered weekly to your home. And get this, LAist readers get two meals FREE! Sign up today to start cooking.
- Mercedes-Benz. Check out the redesigned 2014 C-Class.
- New Belgium Brewery brings you LA Explorers Club, bike tours into Los Angeles' forgotten times. Sunday, July 20th Downtown and in Hollywood on Saturday, August 30th.
- Urban Remedy. Organic Juice Cleanses - short-term, fresh, raw, all liquid diet intended to cleanse both the mental and physical state. Try one out today!
- Beatle's 50th It’s been 50 years since The Beatles played their first iconic show at the Hollywood Bowl, and Beatle-Mania is still going strong. August 22-24, tickets on sale now!
- AVA Little Tokyo is offering one month free on select units for July and August move-ins! Available for rent now.
- Citibank. Download the Citi Mobile App and bank from almost anywhere!
- Metrolink, Special Events LA Service. Take Metrolink to the LA County Fair on weekends or Late Night Train Service from the fair to L.A. Union Station.
- Crest Theatre proudly presents Top Secret! - 30th anniversary director's cut with live filmmaker Q&A. Thursday, July 31st 8-10pm.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.