This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Mercedes-Benz. Check out the redesigned 2014 C-Class.
- The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County invites you to come explore our new Nature Gardens -- over 3 acres of trails and ponds, and where every plant, flower, and tree you see was planted to attract wildlife.
- The Natural History Museum Butterfly Pavilion. The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County invites you to come get up close with hundreds of butterflies in our Butterfly Pavilion. Tickets on sale now!
- California Lutheran University. Purpose changes your perspective. Learn more about their undergraduate and graduate programs today!
- Santa Anita Park's California Gold Rush. A craft beer tasting competition, while you watch and wager on California-bred horses! Saturday, April 26th.
- Chelsea Handler, Uganda Be Kidding Me Live. Saturday, April 26th at The Forum.
- RED Music. The Both, Aimee Mann & Ted Leo. Available now on iTunes and Amazon.
- United Dental Group. Dentist, plastic surgery, cosmetics and beauty supply to help you smile like you mean it!
- Harry's Razors. Handsomer. Sharperer. Less Expensiver. An exceptional shave at a fraction of the price.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.