This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Mercedes-Benz. Check out the redesigned 2014 C-Class.
- The Getty, featuring Jackson Pollock's recently conserved, Mural.
- Chris4Life Colon Cancer Foundation. Patooty? Caboose? No matter what you call it, have it checked! Get screened today.
- California Lutheran University. Purpose changes your perspective. Learn more about their undergraduate and graduate programs today!
- Pantages. 2014 - 2015 Season Packages on sale now!
- The Music Center. Learn new moves at A Taste of Dance Movie Moves on March 29th!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.