This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Mercedes-Benz. Check out the redesigned 2014 C-Class.
- The Getty, featuring Jackson Pollock's recently conserved, Mural.
- Chris4Life Colon Cancer Foundation. Patooty? Caboose? No matter what you call it, have it checked! Get screened today.
- LA Vegan Beer & Food Festival 2014. The 5th edition will be the biggest yet! Try unlimited samples from participating breweries on Saturday, May 17th.
- California Lutheran University. Purpose changes your perspective. Learn more about their undergraduate and graduate programs today!
- Pantages. 2014 - 2015 Season Packages on sale now!
- Santa Anita Park. Winner's Circle BBQ Championship. The behemoths of BBQ battle it out in the Santa Anita infield on Saturday, March 22nd!
- LA Chamber Orchestra presents Bach's Birthday on Saturday, March 22nd and Sunday March 23rd. Tickets start at $25.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.