This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Mercedes-Benz. Check out the redesigned 2014 C-Class.
- The Getty, featuring Jackson Pollock's recently conserved, Mural.
- Old Pasadena, Get Happy! A Libation Celebration - March 1st through March 15th.
- The Music Center. Get out of your garage or living room and join Public Practice! Free to apply now through March 15th!
- Chris4Life Colon Cancer Foundation. Patooty? Caboose? No matter what you call it, have it checked! Get screened today.
- LA Vegan Beer & Food Festival 2014. The 5th edition will be the biggest yet! Try unlimited samples from participating breweries on Saturday, May 17th.
- Billy Budd, innocence must be destroyed. At LA Opera, get tickets now!
- Visit Britain. This new interactive video lets you choose your own adventure through Britain. Great Britain, you're invited!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.