This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Mercedes-Benz. Check out the redesigned 2014 E-Class.
- Mixology. One bar. One night. Ten single people. Welcome to Mix. Premieres Wednesday, February 26th on ABC.
- The Getty, with the new exhibition A Royal Passion: Queen Victoria and Photography. On view through June 8.
- Natural History Museum, with the new exhibit Traveling the Silk Road: Ancient Pathway to the Modern World. On view December 22nd through April 13th.
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Discover Beethoven's Eroica on Saturday, February 22nd at 8pm.
- RED Music. Suzanne Vega, Tales From the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles. Currently available on iTunes.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.