This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Nebraska, nominated for 6 Independent Film Spirit Awards including Best Feature!
- Speck. Help your iPhone feel confident naked. Shop cases and more.
- Bank of America. Life's better when we're connected.
- Barker Block Warehouse No. 1. Exceptional lofts in the heart of LA's Arts District. Debuting January 2014.
- The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, featuring David Hockney: A Bigger Exhibition. Now through January 20th.
- Fab. See what's on sale now.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.