This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- The Getty, with the premier exhibition Canterbury and St. Albans: Treasures from Church and Cloister. On view now through February 2, 2014.
- San Luis Obispo Vacations. Explore what San Luis Obispo has to offer!
- The LA Antiques, Arts & Design Show. Celebrating its 18th year, this October 9-13.
- Fab. See what's on sale now.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.