Suspected Teen Burglar Got Himself Stuck In A Chimney
A teenage boy who had to be rescued from a chimney is now facing burglary charges. Firefighters responded to an apartment complex in the 1000 block of Kelp Lane in Oxnard at about 3 a.m. Wednesday morning after reports of someone screaming for help, CBS LA reports. There, they found a 15-year-old boy was stuck in a chimney attached to the leasing office. It took rescuers over three hours and they had to tear down a part of the chimney to get the boy out.
Once the boy was free, he was taken to a nearby hospital to make sure he was okay, then immediately booked on suspicion of commercial burglary.
Getting stuck in a chimney is a lot more common than you might think. In January, a 35-year-old woman got stuck while trying to shimmy naked down her ex's chimney. In October of 2014, a woman was rescued from the chimney of a man she met on a dating site in Thousand Oaks. Firefighters said they used dish soap as a lubricant. In 2013, a suspected burglar fell 30 feet down a chimney in the Koreatown/Westlake area. A drunk man got stuck in the chimney of the Sylmar Recreation Center in May of 2014.