Seven Reasons for the 11-Game Dodger Winning Streak
1. Two words: Hall of Fame shoo-in Greg Maddux (328 wins) is pitching like a HOF shoo-in. Two earned runs in 12 innings isn't bad for an old man who looks like Ferris Bueller.
2. When Rafael Furcal is hitting homers (three in the last 12 games), the big Dodger in the sky is smiling down on you.
3. Just like "Moneyball" says, spending big bucks on closers is silly. Much love to Game Over, but Takashi Saito, who was not on anyone's fantasy teams at the begining of this season, is a perfect 12 saves in 12 chances.
4. The only team of substance the Dodgers have had to play during this stretch is Cincy who is a glorified .500 team and whose best pitcher is Bronson Arroyo. Nuff said.
5. The risky trade of Danys Baez and Willy Aybar for Wilson Betemit is still risky but Betemit, despite hitting only .222 over the week, is still getting on base (6 hits, three walks, two HRs) and making his hits count during his "slump".