Saturday AM News: Christmastime Crime Blotter Edition
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The robbery spree of an OC couple in their twenties came to an end this week after a purse-snatching and pepper-spraying incident at a Wal-Mart. The two are also suspected of a robbery in Santa Ana, and were taken into custody after police stormed their Surf Cove home.
- Yesterday in Pomona Superior Court, the three white men accused of attempted murder, assault, and hate crime against a black man in Claremont last year were convicted after an extensive jury deliberation. The incident took place as the men were on their way to a white supremacist rally.
- The three men charged with arson in the November 24th Malibu wildfires pled not guilty on Friday, and their lawyers told people outside the courthouse that the men were being "scapegoats by an outraged community," according to MyFoxLA.
- Say it ain't so, Topanga! Actress Danielle Fishel, formely of Boy Meets World and Lance Bass' onetime beard, was arrested in Newport Beachthis week on a DUI warrant from Los Angeles County. The ex-teen star was released from jail shortly after her arrest.
- And in another DUI in Newport Beach story, a suspected drunk driver was killedwhen his 2004 Mercedes Benz rolled over after he lost control. The fatal crash took place on Dove Street near Bowspirit Drive last night.
- A 25 year old man was found shot to death in Pomona last night, authorities are reporting. Detectives are asking that if anyone knows anything about the death of Rodolfo Guerrero to please contact them at (909) 620-2085.
Photo by jek in the box via Flickr