This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Right Now You Are Reading the AM News
- If you're looking for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in LA public libraries, you will be sorely disappointed - LAT
- Right now Eddie Van Halen is in rehab - TMZ
- The USC football lockerroom is colorless, says black Trojan running backs and special teams coach Todd McNair, who dubbed the kickoff team The White Nation, and calls the other black coaches Brojans. Controversy brewed yesterday when one of the students created a group on Facebook called The White Nation that contained some very racist images - LAT
- The Big Blue Bus getting a new store on the 3rd Street Promenade - Green LA Girl
- Boing Boing and Make's Mark Frauenfelder was on the Colbert Report this week - Make
- Suge Knight says Death Row's days are numbered - NY Post
- Vivid Video says they're nowhere near close to an agreement with Kim Kardashian, therefore her sex tape will be released in two weeks - TMZ
- Newt was having an affair when he led the House on a witchhunt to impeach Clinton for lying about his affair. Ahhh, the fresh stink of rotting hypocrisy - Reuters
- The Pope says much of the Internet is destructive, never mentions that priests raping and molesting kids is more destructive than anything the Interwebs has ever wrought - Reuters
- When Courtney Love was sent to rehab, she chose one in the OC that had a spa, a salon, gourmet meals, and poolside massages. How do we know? Because they are now suing the Widow Cobain for owing them $180,000 for her three-month stay - Smoking Gun
photo by Malingering