Protest Targeting Flynt's Condom-less Skin Flicks Scheduled for Tomorrow
Larry Flynt with performer Nicole Ray at an event in January 2010 (Photo by joanna8555 via Flickr)
In the battle to regulate the use of condoms in the adult film industry, a protest and press conference has been scheduled for tomorrow morning in front of the Flynt Building in Beverly Hills, home to porn king Larry Flint's corporate offices.
Flynt and the films produced by Larry Flynt Productions (LFP) are the latest target of a campaign by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) who are taking the opportunity tomorrow to announce they are filing more ‘Notice of Safety or Health Hazards’ complaints with Cal/OSHA (California’s Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Occupational Safety and Health) over the blacklist on the use of condoms in adult films produced by Flynt.
The event promises to have an impressive visual component. No, not topless women, but rather a stack of 100 Flynt Productions adult DVDs filmed under various Flynt brands, all containing scenes in which the performers do not wear condoms. "AHF’s Cal/OSHA complaints assert that the films demonstrate unsafe—potentially life-threatening—behavior in a California workplace, as the sexual acts filmed without participating performers using condoms depict the unprotected exchange of bodily fluids," according to a press release issued by AHF.
The breakdown of what risky acts are depicted in the 100 films is intriguing, but also contains words and descriptions that are NSFW. Check them out after the jump.
Within the 100 videos, AHF found:
- 33 DVDs depict double penetration (two penises; one in the vagina, one in the anus) WITHOUT a condom; - 15 scenes included so-called “cream pie” shots; vaginal internal ejaculation (VIE) and/or anal internal ejaculation (AIE), a particularly high risk behavior; - 12 scenes included so-called “ATM” shots (anal to mouth), another particularly high risk behavior; - 5 DVDs featuring Spanish language and Latino/Latina performers; - 8 DVDs (primarily) featuring African Americans; in one of these DVDs; - at least 2 DVDs featuring Asian women; - and finally just one scene in one LFP Hustler Video DVD showed CONDOM USE: performer Brittany Andrews and her male partner in “The Erotic Adventures of Nikki Nine”
The protest is scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow morning.
Previously on LAist
- Condoms in Porn Industry: Advisory Panel Convenes Today
- Feds Launch Investigation of L.A. Clinic Favored by Porn Actors
- County Officials Soft on Issue of Condoms in Adult Films
- State Could Change Law to Specifically Force Condoms on Porn Sets