Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A follow-up on last week's FBI raids of local hospitals. Estill Mitts, 64, pleaded not guilty to the charges of "receiving as much as $20,000 a month to deliver homeless people for unnecessary medical procedures" to three area hospitals.
- On Friday, war activist Cindy Sheehan qualified for the November ballot to challenge San Francisco U.S. Representative and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
- A car and Metro Gold Line train collided late this morning at Del Mar Boulevard east of Raymond Avenue in Pasadena. The passengers were not injured by the driver was taken to the hospital with cuts to his hands, legs and head.
- School buses don't make for good getaway cars. The LAPD arrested two this morning in downtown
- Disney's bison family has grown: The Daily News visits the baby bison at William S. Hart Park in Newhall. Walt Disney gifted the original herd to the park back in 1962.
- The West Hollywood City Council voted unanimously last month to oppose Propositions 4 and 8, and to support Propositions 2 and 5, says WeHoNews.
- A little public transit history dug up in San Pedro: old Red Car ties.
- In addition to the photo above of the walking man, read our past interview with the Silver Lake Five-Dollar Guy.
- And don't forget, our contest goes on to win tickets to Café Tacvba & Ima Robot at the Greek Theatre on Friday, August 22.