Week Around the -Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Torontoist discovered their city's most ridiculous holiday lights setup, with 80,000 lights and two––two!––synchronized music routines. Naturally, they snagged a video.
- Chicago tragically loses one of its most recognizable neighborhood icons, the pigeon man of Lincoln Square.
- LAPD leaves body in car at crash scene, then tows it.
- Massachusetts plus mullet equals PR mayhem.
- Londonist sleeps in a Haunted plague pit.
- UC Berkeley students strip naked and race through campus, NSFW floppiness ensues.
- Phillyist continued counting down to 2008 this week with a mind-boggling list of 2007's most ridiculous local news stories.
- A towering bench mysteriously appears in Manhattan and New York City officials are baffled.
- Live the sweet life, if you can afford it, in Seattle's historic "grunge" district.
- Houstinist talks with playwright Crystal Jackson.
- The top 15 records of 2007 as chosen by Austinist.
- Just like the states, the District of Columbia will receive its own shiny quarter.
- Adidas Olympics ad makes big splash with Chinese folks...literally.
Photo by Daniel Kahn.