This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: DUI After Hitting 24 Cars
- LAPD called out to protest in Leimart park today. CBS2 says it's a rally called "Choose Black America - Not Amnesty - Not Illegal Immigration." LAIndyMedia calls it a MinuteKlan march. Confusing! Better explanation at Daily News.
- Come on, he was just trying to find a parking space. A genius in the LBC was charged yesterday with a DUI after hitting two people and 24 cars in Long Beach back in February.
- Traveling Vietnam Memorial Returns to L.A.
- President of Vietnam's visit to Orange County draws protests.
- KABC-TV has an exclusive interview of the City Attorney's wife, Michelle Delgadillo, who we spoke about earlier today.
- From the photographer of the above photo, Bill Selak... "The 10 west is usually bumper to bumper traffic at 7pm. There was one car on the road. So weird. No accidents, no cars, nobody. I almost pulled off I was so weirded out. If you've been on the 10 before, you know... I cross-processed this. The original shot was a washed out blue. It may look like tint from the windshield, but it's Photoshop." Beautiful job! (photo used under Creative Commons license)
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.