Photos: Firefighters Rescue Woman Stuck In A Chimney In Thousand Oaks
Firefighters were dispatched to a Thousand Oaks home Sunday morning to rescue a woman who had gotten stuck inside of the chimney.
The Ventura County Fire Department was on the scene at the home on the 1900 block of Woodside Drive at 6 a.m. after receiving a call. VCFD spokesman Mike Lindbery tweeted photos of the extraction and reported that urban search and rescue had to dismantle the chimney in order to get the woman out. He also mentions that dish soap was used as a lubricant.
The woman was rescued around 8:15 a.m. and taken to a hospital for evaluation. According to NBC 4, the homeowner knows the woman who was rescued and she is expected to be arrested on suspicion of burglary after release from the hospital. It seems like a safe bet that wasn't your friendly, singin', neighborhood chimney sweep.