This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Noonish News - Apocalypto, Living Wage, Dying While Asleep
- Gannett, parent company of USA Today, eyes Tribune Corp, parent company of the Chicago Cubs, oh, and the LA Times - Reuters
- City Council will vote Wednesday on paying over 3,000 hotel workers a "living wage" of at least $10.64/hr - AP
- Hero seeking heroes: 30-year LAFD Captain is in search of blood donors and blood marrow donor - LAFD Blog
- Even sleeping in South Central can get you shot and killed - NBC4
- Two tickets to see Prince at his new club in Vegas cost $1125 a ticket, you must buy two tickets, and you have to stand, so get ready to fork over $2250 to sing along to "Kiss" - TicketsNow
- For the fifth straight year, USC hosts more international students than any other US university - CBS2