This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
New Evacuation Orders Issued Due to Station Fire
An evacuated La Cañada neighborhood (Photo by jrzedevl via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr)
This afternoon there are several new areas in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains that are under mandatory evacuation orders due to the Station Fire. While authorities cannot force people to leave their homes in these areas, heeding orders is seriously urged; this afternoon 5 people who opted not to leave Gold Canyon under orders two days ago are now in a situationtoo dangerous to allow a helicopter rescue.
- Chantry Flats
- Acton Area: Soledad Canyon Rd. between Agua Dulce Canyon Rd. and Crown Valley Rd. There is a mandatory evacuation of the area bounded by Soledad Canyon Rd, Aliso Canyon Rd. and Angeles Forest Highway.
- National Forest: Soledad Canyon Rd./Bootlegger Canyon Rd. Area AND Little Rock Recreation Area Mount Emma Rd. and Cheseboro Rd; and Big Tujunga Canyon Rd. from Mount Gleason to Angeles Forest Highway; and Little Tujunga Canyon Rd. north of the Little Tujunga Ranger Station and Gold Creek.
- La Crescenta: Vicinity of Rosemont, La Crescenta, and Ramsdell AND North of Rockdell, Pineridge, Mountain Pine, and Markridge Rd.; all streets north of Rockdell St. between Briggs Av. and Pine Glenn Rd; and all streets located west of Briggs Ave. and east of Pennsylvania Ave., in between Harmony Pl. and the foothills.
- La Cañada Flintridge: all streets east of Ocean View Blvd. and north of Los Amigos St; all streets north of Jessen Drive and Palm Drive
- Altadena: All streets north of Loma Alta Dr., located between Lincoln Ave. and Lake Ave; all streets located in "The Meadows" (all streets located above Loma Alta Dr. and west of Lincoln Ave. to Aralia Rd.)
- Sunland-Tujunga/NE San Fernando Valley: Streets North and East of: Sevenhills Dr; Angeles; Hillhaven Ave; Dos Rios Dr; Lonzo St; Deliban Ave; Amidon Pl; Sevenhills Dr north of Hillrose St And Streets North and East of: Burland Av; Terecita Rd; Terecita Pl; Owens St; Samon Av; Samon Pl; Parsons; Grenoble St; Silverton St; Bellclaire St; Glory Ave; East of Fairgrove Ave; North East of Apperson x Fairgrove Ave
If you are unsure about evacuation orders for your area, dial 211 for assistance and information.
Evacuation Centers are located at: La Cañada High School (La Cañada Flintridge), Crescenta Valley High School (La Crescenta), Golden Valley High School (Santa Clarita), Verdugo Hills High School (Tujunga), Marie Kerr Park (Palmdale), Sunland Park (Sunland-Tujunga).
Animals are being accepted at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds; Pierce College (horses, donkey and mules only); and Lancaster Animal Shelter and Agoura Animal Shelter (small animals only).