Man Electrocuted In Effort To Take Perfect Sunset Photo
A man was electrocuted after he climbed up a tree in Tustin to take a snapshot of the sunset.
David Strohm, Jr., 28, was in the backyard of his mother and stepfather's home Saturday evening when he climbed a tree to take a photo of the sunset. He managed to upload the picture on Facebook before he came in contact with an energized power line and was electrocuted, according to CBS Los Angeles.
Strohm's parents had been looking for their son for hours and later found his body slumped over in the tree on Sunday around 8:40 a.m. They were able to find him because they spotted his cell phone on the ground, reported the O.C. Register.
Southern California Edison shut off the electrical power to around 20 homes so firefighters could safely move Strohm's body from the tree. A neighbor described Strohm to the O.C. Register as "just a nice kid" who helped out his family and neighbors.