Liberal Arts Students Gone Wild: 8 Students at Occidental 'Rave' Hospitalized
Eight students who attended a "rave" on a softball field at Occidental College were hospitalized after they had way too much to drink, according to ABC 7.
News reports describe the school's "Splatter Dance" as an annual "paint-themed party" without really explaining what that means, except that it's sort of like a rave. There were bright lights, loud music, lots of staff members and no alcohol was served. But that didn't stop a bunch of students from getting loaded before they came (or sneaking alcohol in). Eight students were so drunk that they had to be taken away by ambulance. The party was supposed to go until 2 a.m. but after the Los Angeles Fire Department showed up around 12:30 pm, it sort of killed the vibe. The college's spokesman Jim Tranquada said the college will be taking a look at whether to continue this event in the future.
This has been a relatively wild month for Oxy students. Four students were hospitalized at a toga party for alcohol poisoning, according to Eagle Rock Patch.