This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Let the TomKitten Count Begin...
As we start the countdown for the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes offspring, as well as the launch of M:I:3 (in theaters on May 5), we ran a quick scan of the headlines for the latest and greatest TomKat news.
Though we missed the Tom Cruise-Diane Sawyer interview on ABC's Primetime, on Friday night, here's what we learned from a few clips about Tom about Katie’s new life and pregnancy:
• Tom says Katie is a Scientologist.
• Tom says that if Katie needs and epidural, she’ll get an epidural.
• Tom says that the media exaggerated Scientologists’ practice of a “silent birth,” (which includes quiet in the delivery room and then leaving the baby alone for a period of time afterwards).
"It's basically just respecting the mother, you know, and helping to be quiet. (But) not the mother. The mother makes as much noise ... you know, she's going through it. She does what she's gotta do, OK?"
• Tom says that the baby won’t have a Catholic baptism.
• Tom says that Katie’s practicing Catholic parents are OK with their daughter being a Scientologist.The guy loves to talk, huh? Scientology couldn’t have asked for a better spokesman. No wonder he’s reached the Operating Thetan VII level (that's a pretty high rank in the religion).
But one request: Tom, can we hear from Katie every once in awhile, too?