LA Unified High School Sports Will Be Back
As COVID-19 case rates continue to improve in Los Angeles County, L.A. Unified Superintendent Austin Beutner announced this evening that some high school sports can resume.
Yes, there are rules:
- All sports must be played outside.
- Athletes, coaches, and trainers must follow COVID-19 safety guidelines, including protective equipment, masks, social distancing, and consent from a parent or guardian.
- And there will be weekly COVID-19 tests for everyone involved.
They'll also extend the season for athletes. The change brings LAUSD in line with state and local health guidance.
Los Angeles Unified will resume the following athletic activities:
- CIF Season 1: Cross country, football and water polo.
- CIF Season 2: Baseball, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track and field and traditional game day cheer.
- What to know about the return of LAUSD sports (L.A. Times)