This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
"It's Called Acting" and other Celeb Quickies
- From the mouths of babes. 12-year-old Dakota Fanning puts critics of her new film "Hounddog" on Time Out for bitching about a film that would have such a little girl like her get raped.
"It's not really happening. It's a movie, and it's called acting." she said. - CNN
- Brent Liles, former bass player of Social Distortion died yesterday when a truck hit him while he was riding his bicycle - LA Times
- Ellen's fascinating gal-pal Anne Heche separates from her husband - People
- Hey look, more naked pictures of Paris Hilton. Just in time for... The Super Bowl - Defamer
- Chappelle who? Sarah Silverman, you're the next cutting edge comedian who has gotten a Comedy Central series - LA Weekly
- Valencia gets blowed up real good by "24" and some are not so thrilled - LA Daily News
- Apples in Stereo, Andrew WK, Stars of Track and Field, Hello Stranger, Against Me!, Catfish Haven, Meat Puppets, Tom Morello, Mickey Avalon, and Robyn Hitchcock, among others, have been added to the growing list of confirmed artists at SXSW - Austinist
AP photo by Carolyn Kaster