Here Are The WeHo Streets Closed Today For The 30th Annual AIDS Walk
About 25,000 people are expected to hit the 6.2-mile AIDS Walk Los Angeles in West Hollywood today in order to raise money for AIDS Project Los Angeles and various other AIDS organizations. The event is scheduled to start at 10 a.m., but streets were already closed as early as 6 a.m. this morning and may remain so as late as early this evening.
The walk, which will feature entertainment from the likes of Paula Abdul and Drew Carey, should take less than three hours to complete for most walkers, and most streets will reopen by early this afternoon.
Here are the roads that will be closed today:
- San Vicente Boulevard, from Santa Monica Boulevard to Melrose Avenue until 6 p.m.
- the east side of San Vicente Boulevard, from Beverly Boulevard to Melrose Avenue until 3 p.m.
- Robertson Boulevard, from Melrose Avenue to Santa Monica Boulevard until 12:30 p.m.
- La Peer Drive, from Melrose Avenue to Santa Monica Boulevard until 12 p.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard, from Doheny Drive to Holloway Drive until 12 p.m.
- La Cienega Boulevard, from Santa Monica Boulevard to Melrose Avenue until 12 p.m.
- Melrose Place, from La Cienega Boulevard to Orlando Avenue until 12 p.m.
- Melrose Avenue, from San Vicente Boulevard to La Brea Avenue until 1 p.m.
- La Brea Avenue, from Melrose Avenue to Beverly Boulevard until 2 p.m.
- Beverly Boulevard, from La Brea Avenue to San Vicente Boulevard until 2 p.m.
For more information about the event on the day-of, check the AIDS Walk Los Angeles site.