This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Vegetarian on the Cheap: 25 Inexpensive Restaurants in LA*
A tomato tart at Trails Cafe (LAist story) one of the 25 restaurants on the list (Photo by Tom Andrews/LAist)
Wraps, salads, noodles, and sandwiches are just a few of the ways to experience a meat-free meal. For some, January means a new approach to eating, and one of your resolutions might be to cut the animals out of your diet. To help you find affordable vegetarian eats wherever your day in LA might take you, this map of 25 Inexpensive Vegetarian Restaurants* put together by Travelin' Local, can be your guide.
From Indian to Thai, wraps to vegan meat substitutes, introducing, or reacquainting your tummy with vegetarian eats doesn't mean you need to get a table somewhere pricey. For newbies to the green bean lifestyle, getting to know your beans and legumes doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg.
View 25 Top Vegetarian Restaurants in Los Angeles in a larger map
*These are not all strictly vegetarian restaurants, though some are, in fact, vegan. Many simply have affordable vegetarian options on their menu. As with any dietary restrictions, be sure to consult with the restaurant before dining to be sure your needs are being met.
- Bawarchi Indian Kitchen: 10408 Venice Blvd Culver City, CA 90232 (310) 836-8525
- Blossom: 426 S Main St Los Angeles, CA 90013 (213) 623-1973
- Father Nature's Lavash Wraps: 17 N De Lacey Avenue Pasadena, CA 91103 (626) 568-9811
- Govinda's Buffet: 3764 Watseka Ave Los Angeles, CA 90034 (310) 836-1269
- Homegirl Cafe and Catering: 130 W Bruno St Los Angeles, CA 90012 (323) 526-1254
- Hummus King: 12422 Burbank Blvd North Hollywood, CA 91607 (818) 509-7999
- Hy Mart Sandwiches: 4795 Vineland Ave Ste C North Hollywood, CA 91602 (818) 506-7264
- Loose Leaf: 630 W 6th St # 110B Los Angeles, CA 90017-3260 (213) 622-1616
- Merkato Ethiopian Restaurant & Market: 1036 1/2 S Fairfax Ave Los Angeles, CA 90019 (323) 935-1775
- Mom's Tamales: 3328 Pasadena Ave Los Angeles, CA 90031 (323) 226-9383
- My Vegan: 633 S Arroyo Pkwy Ste 3 Pasadena, CA 91105 (626) 578-9017
- My Vegan House: 1717 N Wilcox Ave Hollywood, CA 90028 (323) 962-6195
- Nature's Way Cafe: 10917 Lindbrook Dr Los Angeles, CA 90024 (310) 824-0240
- Oh Happy Days Natural Food Grocery and Cafe: 2283 N Lake Ave Altadena, CA 91001 (626) 797-0383
- Rainbow Acres Natural Foods: 4756 Admiralty Way Marina Del Rey, CA 90292 (310) 823-5373
- Ronnie's Diner: 12740 Culver Blvd Ste J Los Angeles, CA 90066 (310) 578-9399
- Samosa House And Bharat Bazaar: 11510 W Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90066 (310) 398-6766
- Samosa House East: 10700 Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90232 (310) 559-6350
- Simply Salad: 645 W 9th St Ste 106 Los Angeles, CA 90015 (213) 488-9191
- Tierra Cafe: 818 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90017 (213) 629-1402
- The Trails: 2333 Fern Dell Dr Los Angeles, CA 90068 (323) 871-2102
- The Vegan Joint: 10438 National Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034 (310) 559-1357
- Truly Vegan: 5907 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood, CA 90028 (323) 466-7958
- Vic's Food To Go: 12527 Victory Blvd North Hollywood, CA 91606 (818) 763-2252
- Vietnamese Soy Cafe: 1997 Hyperion Ave Los Angeles, CA 90027 (323) 663-7888
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Los Angeles-based restaurant owners rejoice as a new ordinance makes its way to the city council.
The new season of LAist Studios' WILD podcast is a fictional rom-com set in Southeast L.A. Diners play a big role in fostering conversation between the shows' two hosts this season. Here are host Erick Galindo's must-visit L.A. diners — whether you like breakfast or not.
The new season of LAist Studios' WILD podcast is a fictional rom-com set in Southeast L.A. Donuts play a big role in episode two of the show. Here are some of our favorite, wildly creative, and iconic donut shops in Los Angeles.
Cheap Fast Eats, Koreatown After Dark! Asian American Pizza, Hot Cheeto-Encrusted Corn Dogs And MoreCheap Fast Eats visits one of L.A.’s most distinctive neighborhoods for some nighttime bites.
How to get the best eggs in town without leaving your yard.