This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
5 Cocktails Made With Maple: Cheers to the Flavors of Fall!
Fall is fleeting in Los Angeles, as we volley from heat wave to torrential downpours and back to fire season. But this is autumn, and few flavors reflect fall like maple, which is showing up in cocktails all around town. So cheers to the autumn months! Check out our picks for the five fall-flavored cocktails that will have you saying "Make mine with Maple!"
Dominick's "Scotch Leaf" (Photo courtesy Dominick's/BBPR)
- Dominick's: Scotch Leaf (Famous Grouse Scotch, Maple Bitters, Maple, Egg White, Lemon and Orange Peel) This cocktail, made with maple is done like a sour.
- Drago Centro: Golden Goose (Bulleit Bourbon, Fernet Branca, Fresh Cape Gooseberries, Maple Syrup)
- Checkers Downtown: Bacon-maple Old Fashioned (bacon-infused bourbon with maple-infused simple syrup) This is prepared and presented in the classic Old Fashioned way; all the infusions will be done at the hotel by Food & Beverage Director Tyler Dow.
- Big Bar: Vermont Log Cabin aka The New Brunswick (Famous Grouse Scotch, Maple Syrup and Lemon) This concoction comes from the new watering hole tucked inside Los Feliz's Alcove restaurant.
- Rivera: Maple Leaf (añejo tequila, maple syrup, Carpano Antica, Amontillado Sherry, dash Angostura bitters, dash mole bitters)