This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra with some extra Extra on the Side
- The case of the Drunk Frat Boys v Borat has been rejected by an LA judge who basically ruled in such a way that it would cockblock pretty much any other "He embarrassed me while cameras were clearly rolling" case in the future - Defamer
- However a California judge opened the flood gates for people who want to sue Big Tobacco - LAT
- Good news continues to be in the economic forecast for downtown LA - Downtown News
- Women have three to four times more germs in their offices and seven times more mold (?) around their desk drawers than men - Star-Tribune
- LA County is hurt the most by pirated DVDs and CDs - People's Daily Online
- Unless your name is Anna Nicole's dead son, you aren't in her will - TMZ
- Peanut Butter Update: The source of the bacteria in the Peter Pan and Wal Mart peanut butter may have been the jars themselves - AP
And finally former UCLA commie, Black Panther, and America's Most Wanted, Angela Davis is speaking tonight at the Bridges Auditorium at the Claremont Colleges. Living Black History Month in your backyard. 450 N. College Way, Claremont 8pm.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.