This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Who Ordered This Crappy Weather?
- Proof that America isn't as fascist as some might think: our trains don't run on time. Least fascist line? The Coast Starlight that runs between Seattle and LA - Seattle PI
- Be careful what you wish for. Paris Hilton wanted to be popular and loved - well now she might become the most popular and loved inmate in a local jail thanks to her insistence of driving with a suspended license. Didn't we tell her that all she has to do is call us and we'll take her anywhere she wants to go? - CBS2
- Quentin Tarantino recalls the Carson movie theater that he went to back in the day that was the inspiration to his New Beverly series of grindhouse flicks - LAT
- Welcome back LAFD blog! - LAFD
- Beyonce didn't eat at the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party catered by the dude with the hepatitis A. That illness apparently wasn't her destiny - AP
- The Oscars joins the Stupid People Club of productions that don't seem to understand the power of YouTube for good - Variety
- LA gets 80 acres of more parkland above Burbank - Burbank Leader
- Don't believe the super creepy totally realistic Anna Nicole Smith being dead photos. They come from the National Enquirer and don't claim to be real - Radar
photo by yblehs