This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra, We don't have any idea either
- Last week Santa Monica extended its tyrannical smoking ban to now include restaurant patios, bus stops, ATMs and movie theater lines(!); now Burbank wants to further restrict freedoms. Why not grow a pair and just ban the sales of smokes? Oh thats right, you like the taxes you collect on them. - LA Daily News
- CBS wants you to know that Terry Lee Shields, 350 lb., accused child molester, of Anaheim, 51 yrs old, 6 feet tall, drives a 2002 burgundy Kia, license plate 4WXT339, accused of every dirty thing ever, to little kids, will be at the Bellflower Courthouse, 10025 E. Flower Ave., on Wednesday at 8 a.m. FYI - CBS2
- Cops: "We don’t have any idea how its being accomplished.” At least 40 Huntington Beach Ralph's shoppers who used their ATM cards had their bank accounts broken into. Funds being removed in CA and AZ. - KNX
- Poll volunteers needed next week, especially in Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Culver City, Gardena, Hacienda Heights, Long Beach, Monterey Park, Pacific Palisades, Panorama City, Pomona, Redondo Beach and Reseda. - NBC4
- Say whaaaaat? Out of 4,800 UCLA freshmen this year, only 96 are black. - LA Times
- Election fraud season started early this year. Where? Broward County, FL. Duh. - Miami Herald
- With all the racist "joking" going on, it makes you wonder if Tennessee just might get themselves that black Senator after all. Nothing gets people motivated quicker than some good old-timey race baiting. - Time
- Although if the white guy wins, there will be a lesbian visiting the mansion on the holidays (pictured). Which goes against our beliefs as Conservatives, as we clearly prefer our gays to be men. Y'all.- Wonkette