This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra, The Dead Were Wrong, Women Aren't Smarter
- There are twice as many men than women with IQs over 120. Not so fast, Dubya - The Independent
- Police taser an 11-year-old in a Jonesboro, Georgia middle school - WSBT
- Just in time for Christmas! A perfectly preserved dinosaur nest containing 22 fossilized eggs of ancient dead baby dinos will go on auction tomorrow here in LA - AP
- Just in time for Kwanzaa! Own Jessica Alba's bra - City Rag
- Huffington Post plans on including real reporting to their liberal media bias - NY Times
- Fuck lying to the American people about blow jobs, yesterday a White House lawyer, under oath, to the Supreme Court said that the connection between greenhouse gas emissions, C02, and global warming "cannot unequivocally be established" - Think Progress
- Bush administration really doesn't like Black people. A Federal judge yesterday told them to stop cutting FEMA benefits to tens of thousands of Gulf Coast victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita - WAPO
- Time to invade Iran - they're supporting terrorism by giving guns to Iraqi insurgents - ABC
- Rappers chime in on the Laugh Factory's ban on the word "nigger" - All Hip Hop
- Jones Soda switching from artificial sugar to pure cane mmmmmmm sugar - Seattle PI
- Fox says that linking to other web sites is illegal - Quick Silver Screen
photo of tagging in Westwood by Jake Dobkin
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.