Extra, Extra: Pink, White, & Blue
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Five decomposing bodies were found over the weekend inside a home in a gated community in San Clemente. Police also found two handguns at the scene, both of which were registered to one of the deceased, a woman in her 40s.
- A hiker from Anaheim was rescued this morning after spending the night solo in the hills near San Diego. 38-year-old Joseph Leeung was reported missing when he didn't return from the hike he'd set out on Sunday morning near Warner Springs.
- Federal investigators looking into this weekend's deadly helicopter crash on Catalina believe the accident was due to engine failure. Three people died at the scene and three others were injured.
- 492 Californian men and women have died so far in the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. LA Now takes a look in memoriam at who these people were.
- Six months after the death of Kanye West's mother Donda while under the knife, lawmakers are seeking to make regulations about plastic surgery stricter. West's mother was undergoing breast implant and liposuction surgery, although she'd been turned down by another doctor because of the risk to her health.
- TB: It's the cheesiest! The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that there is a link between consuming unpasteurized cheese from Mexico and "a hardy form of tuberculosis" that has stuck mostly Latinos in recent years.
- There's a new ferris wheel at the Santa Monica pier, and blogging.la has the details about the party being thrown in its honor this Wednesday night. The previous wheel was sold in an eBay auction.