This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - LAst post before our Redesign edition
- Ashlee Simpson's redesign isn't all that bad, but we still lurve her sis - CityRag
- Is Borat the reason that Pam Anderson is single and ready to mingle? Very Niiiice - Defamer
- Good thing Tom Waits reads LAist and the paper or he wouldn't have known that our girlfriend Scarlett is going to cover his songs - Pitchfork (who we're not extremely jealous of)
- What if they threw a party for Castro and he didn't show up? - Reuters
- YouTube will soon be in your Verizon cell phone - Engadget
- NYT joins the rest of the sober and calls the Iraq situation a Civil War - Hot Air
- Bad redesign: Angels thinking about trading Chone Figgins? Say it ain't so - LAT
- People are still interested in Mike Piazza? - Fox Sports
- PETA sez Nicole Richie's redesign is worst of the year - the superficial
- Tracy Morgan, who was popped for a DUI here in LA, just got one in NYC...where hardly anyone drives a car. - Gothamist
detail from a photo by dolanh