This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Laaaate Night Edition
- 44 year old Los Angeleno claiming to be a TV producer... lied! Then thrown in jail - AP
- Today was the LA Times' birthday! - LAT
- Palmdale parents who sued their school for asking the students questions of a sexual nature lose in the Supreme Court - AP
- George Clooney's pet pig goes tits up - AP
- Scientology believes in Christmas? Who knew? - Dlisted
- Kid Rock seems to be handling his breakup well. And he seems to be handling the hottie on his shoulders in Vegas even better - Us
- 10 ways to conserve your laptop battery - OT Beach
- Dodgers might not get Manny? - MLB
photo by alonzoD
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.