This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?
- Have you been following the LA Observed Script Project? They're in Act 3 with more to come, and were featured on this weekend's Offramp show on KPCC (listen here!).
- Not encouraging news for our city's state of readiness for major disasters.
- What could have led to a young man dying in the back of a squad car this weekend in Long Beach after being arrested for an alleged attempted burglary? He may have been struck in the head by the resident of the apartment he'd tried to rob.
- This weekend was the Lotus Festival--or, rather, the Lotus-less Festival--in Echo Park. Could the lack of blooms mean hard times ahead for the city's Asian population?
- Remember that scene in Mary Poppins when the kids don't want to turn their tuppence over to the scary old man at the bank and then all the customers start demanding their money from all the tellers? That's sort of how I picture things at IndyMac branches today.
- Maybe things behind the Orange Curtain are as lovely and thrilling as depicted on The OC--after all, Irvine has just been deemed the 4th Best Place to Live in America. (Really?)
- If street artist Banksy turned out to be a "posh" kid, would that lessen his street cred? [h/t CurbedLA]
- So was it because Kimmel was doing Affleck or because Silverman was doing Damon?