This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra, California Leads the Nation in Hate
- Not including our infamous gangs (why weren't they included? beats us) California is home to 52 hate groups, more than any other state. Suck it, Florida! - Southern Poverty Law Center
- Man shot and killed in his parked car in Carson - CBS2
- Small plane crashes this afternoon in ocean near San Pedro, one dead - AP
- Hello, Harley: You're more likely to die drowning than from a motorcycle accident. - NSC
- US has been in Iraq longer than we were in WWII - AP
- Sick of turkey leftovers? Try Macau Street for some seafood - Eating L.A.
- Meet the Quilters of Skid Row - Downtown News
- Rumsfeld demanded anti-Geneva Convention torture - Reuters
graphic by Southern Poverty Law Center